The Black Door

After the monsoon on Friday evening, I figured it could possibly be disastrous to venture too far away from my apartment. It was not worth getting caught in that again. I had heard of The Black Door, a little no frills neighborhood bar, from my roommate and decided to check it out. It was a great little low-key place with cheap (by NYC standards) drinks. My fav, Grey Goose on the rocks with lem and lime was $8. It would have easily been $13 at the Gansevoort. I also loved the music....it really took me back to my middle school days with mid-nineties tween anthems from Bush, Weezer, and Stone Temple Pilots. And, now I know where the straight Chelsea kids come to grab a drink. Definitley recommended for a low-key night when you aren't looking to drop a lot of coin, and are more interested in grabbing a drink then dealing with the scene.

The Black Door (26th btwn 6th and 7th Ave)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...