Top Design.....What a Waste of a Wed Night

Last night I had a bit of free time so I decided to curl up on the couch and watch a little Top Design on Bravo. Now, I am a huge fan of Project Runway and a quasi-fan of Top Chef, but nothing could have prepared me for this watered down dose of reality TV. After committing two hours of my life to giving this show a chance I was asking myself: A) Where are the great judges of Project Runway? I love Michael Kors' sassy bitch role, but he is also extremely respected as is Nina Garcia. Jonathan Adler is a wannabe Kors (he should thank Barneys for putting him on the map) and who the hell are the other judges...no clue. B) The diva mentality seems extremely forced as if the contestants are playing to the cameras. I want some Wendy Pepper or Marcel drama stat! C)I don't care what a great designer you are...creating rooms in a 12x12 box in a studio is just not going to be that appealing to the viewer. At least things looked professional on the runway or served on bone china. All in all, the wit is missing (as is the drama) and I really don't give a damn about or am rooting for any one contestant. Soooo give this one the skip and do something more worthwhile...like laundry.

PS - Does Todd Oldham seem so nervous he is going to pee his pants. He needs to be like Tim Gunn and MAKE IT WORK!


Top Design

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...