Sauce

What may look like a tattered facade from the exterior hides a classy, casual, and inviting neighborhood restaurant and bar in my beloved Chelsea. I initially came across this place for a friend's birthday party the day after I moved to NYC, so I didn't discover what a gem this was until later. Who knew that you could not only serve booze, but have great food too. It is usually pretty quiet and perfect for catching up. I love that you can hold a conversation without worrying about the people next to you breathing on your food or someone at the bar adding a side of vodka sauce to your dinner. It has a nice wine list, and the food is really quite good too. I really loved the monkfish with truffle mashed potatoes (though it was a little on the salty side), and my friend got the porkchop which he enjoyed as well. I have also had the roasted beet and arugula salad which was amazing for something on the lighter side. Beware of the spicy tuna crostini though, they are not kidding when they say spicy. Yikes. All in all, this is a great spot for a casual night when you really can't bare to be expected to actually cook for yourself....definitley have the folks at Sauce give you a break.

Sauce - 9th Ave @ 22nd

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...