Cafeteria

This is one of my favorite late night eateries in Chelsea, so it is a wonder I have not written about it before. I guess last night was one of the few occasions where I went there a)on a week night, and b) not at 4am after a night of hard core boozing. This is a great place that's open 24 hrs, which is surprisingly hard to come by in the "city that doesn't sleep". It is completely wild say, Saturday around 3am, but it was surprisingly crowded Tuesday night at 11ish. This is definitely a gay scene and even though all the furnishings are pretty Ikea-style, it is sleek and stylish in its own way. Basically, it looks trendy from the outside, but is really a upscale incarnation of a late night diner. I'm not going to lie, I have had the chicken fried steak and it was delicious (I don't know if that was the booze talking though), and the mac and cheese is perfect after drinking. On more sane nights I opt for the spinach salad which I love. You really can't go wrong here. Nothing is terribly expensive, unless you order an entire side of the menu which my friends have done before. If you are in a rush I might pass it up though, because the service can be quite slow. Regardless, its easy and delish: you can't go wrong with that.

Cafeteria - 7th Ave btwn 16th and 17th

1 comment:

  1. mmm the green eggs and ham, ceasar sald, tomato soup and mashed poataoes are to die.....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...