$500 Fine?!

I love finding humorous stuff as I walk along the streets of Manhattan. If you can't read the sign above the pipe it says, "Please do not sit on it. Must fine $500." What are these people thinking? First of all, who the hell is going to police this? If you were sitting (on a pipe I guess) and someone came out and said you owed them $500 for doing so you would tell them to fuck off then go on your merry way. I don't think they can legally demand money from you, and who the hell are they to collect on it. Secondly, wouldn't this just promote MORE sitting on the pipe? Everyone loves to test the limits, so if anything I would say that the $500 'fine' would only encourage people to do it. Come on Mr. Chinese-Import-Shop-Manager on 6th ave and 31st Street. If he really wanted no one to sit on the pipe he should say a homeless guy peed on it the day before.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...