Naked

I just finished reading Naked from one of my all-time favorite authors, David Sedaris. This is the third book of his I have read, preceded by Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim and Me Talk Pretty One Day. Each book is a group on short stories of David's life from childhood through adulthood. The stories are roughly in chronological order which makes you feel like you are having a cup of coffee with him and throughout the conversation he sprinkles in anecdotes depending on the conversation. I really feel like I personally know him, and he is one of my gay best friends. This book is hilarious. They all are for that matter. For the past week I have been "that girl" on the train that in attempting to stifle her laughter, has appeared completely insane. But insane in a good way.

Here is just a smattering of topics covered:
  • Trying not to not be 'outed' as a child at Greek summer camp
  • Visiting a nudist camp for a week long vacation
  • His scotch-loving, smoker mother dying of lung cancer
  • Hitchhiking across the country out of adventure and sheer spite towards his parents
  • His run-in with a closeted gay named Curly who had quite a collection of fake penises
There are few things I love more in this world than wit, sarcasm, and hilarity....and I get all three in this book. If you love intelligent humor, hilarious stories, love your gays, and want to feel silly for laughing out loud then BUY THIS BOOK!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...