Le Bilboquet

I can easily say Le Bilboquet is my 'go-to' restaurant in NYC. Out of town guests--take them to Bilbo...Thurs night drinks and appz--go to Bilbo...you get the picture. This tiny haunt is on the corner of 63rd and Madison (yes, my nose starts to bleed when I go that far uptown, but it is so worth it), no bigger than your parent's living room, with no sign and only a green awning. It is usually crowded, so grab a drink across the street at Post House, and the maitre d' will come get you when your table is ready. Inside is a totally euro scene with ever changing art, delicious food, and a joie le vivre air. It gets totally wild at night and at brunch complete with dancing in your seat, great music, a 'light show' by my favorite waiter Derek, and more pinot than you can imagine. I swear by the Cajun chicken and absolutely love the smoked salmon with guacamole. I have always had the best time and loved my food even if they are a little slow filling the water glasses (who cares anyways....we are drinking vino!) Some of my craziest nights in NYC have began at Bilbo.

Le Bilboquet (63rd btwn Madison and Park)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...